TRADA INTEGRATED REHABILITATION CENTRE FOR ADDICTS (IRCA) Sponsored by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India
TRADA’s Residential treatment and Rehabilitation Programme, is a high quality one, combining a multidisciplinary therapy approach with after-care therapy. This enables the patients and their families to adjust to a new lifestyle, face new responsibilities and gain strength in relationships through the support gained in the programmes of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotic Anonymous.
Patients who are admitted at TRADA are diagnosed as per ICD-10 criteria. Our model recognizes that drug and alcohol dependence is a family illness and a behavioural disorder. Detoxification is provided after careful medical evaluation under a skilled Nursing Unit. This unit is functioning round the clock.
We have a four dimensional treatment to our clients:- Physical, Psychological, Social and Spiritual. TRADA inpatient Programme includes clinical assessment, detoxification, individual and family counselling, family and marital therapies. The patients attend daily lectures, have meals together, participate in daily group and community therapy sessions, perform therapeutic tasks and assignments. Peer group techniques and mutual assistance in self-help groups are important factors in the Programme besides A.A., Al-anon, N.A. and other spiritual therapies. The primary length of the stay is for 31 days. This helps in detoxification/stabilization and rehabilitation/relapse prevention.
Follow-up (After care Services)
This is to bridge treatment and the community where full recovery will continue to take place. A.A., N.A. and Al-anon are available means of achieving the continued sobriety. All clients are expected and strongly recommended to attend the same without fail. Patients should undergo counselling and psychiatric consultation (Tuesdays) for a period of one year – First two months on a weekly basis and after that on a monthly basis from the date of discharge
TRADA believes that follow-up data is important in determining the overall effectiveness of our programmes.
- Detoxification, counselling and Rehabilitation of addicts
- Intervention/Awareness generation in collaboration with GO’s and NGO’s in the field where there is more high risk persons involved, schools, colleges,SHGs, factories, colonies ,parishes etc.
- Camp method of de-addiction treatment in order to motivate alcoholics to undergo treatment for de-addiction
- Women Empowerment in the areas of health, education, participation
- Conducting State Conference on Family, Children, Mental Health, HIV/AIDS, Addiction and on current issue
- Collaboration with other like minded agencies to prevent alcoholism, drug addiction, HIV/AIDS etc.
- Publication of books and literatures on addiction counselling and related issues.
- Training & Research
- Placement training services for students MSW, Counselling, Psychology, Nursing, Mental health students
- Home based Palliative Care is being carried out in collaboration with Local Panchayat and Mother Palliative Care Unit
- Participation in Prohibition movements against alcohol production, sale and use
- Conducting Rural camps and Free Medical camps at needy areas specially at the Tribal area
- School Counselling
- Training of Trainers in detoxification, counselling and rehabilitation of addicts
- Training of youth in schools and colleges through conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Project Incharge : Mr.Ajayakumar K.V
- Accountant Cum Clerk : Mr.Jofy J Pullattu
- Cook : Mr.Kurian Kurian
- Chowkidar : Mr. Sijumon E.K
- Chowkidar : Mr.Nimesh Raj
- Sweeper : Mrs.Pushpa
- Medical Officer : Dr.Mini Nair MBBS
- Counsellor : Mr.Joji Abraham
- Social Worker : Mr. Jithu T Chengattu
- Yoga Therapist : Mr. Jojo Jose
- Nurse : Mrs.Vigi S. Kumar
- Nurse : Prakasini P.J
- Ward Boy : Mr.Mathew Joseph
- Ward Boy : Mr.James Sebastian
- Peer Educator : Mr. Majeesh Baby
OUR PROFOUND WORDS OF GRATITUDE TO THOUSANDS OF THE CLIENTS WHOWENT THROUGH TRADA AND IT’S DIFFERENT CLINICS AND EXTENSION PROGRAMMES FOR ALL OWING US TO GROW TOGETHER WITH THEM AND TO EXPERIENCE HEALING , WHOLNESS AND TRANSFORMATION BY SERVING THEM